Desert Buff is an exquisite sandstone paving with a very distinctive texture that gives each flagstone its own unmistakable character; some are almost smooth, while others have a unique riven profile. Desert Buff displays a varied color palette of warm cream, and buff and white tones.
This Product is available in Paving Slabs in Sawn Edges and in Hand Split edges. Will create a perfect combination with Ochre Yellow or Sedona Rustic Treads and Ochre Yellow Copings.
|Standard Laying Pattern||Repeatable Laying Pattern|
Natural Stone Paving Laying Guideline
Installation Guide for Natural Stone Paving
- CHECK YOUR PRODUCT
Before any work is carried out, each piece of natural stone should be inspected,both wet and dry, prior to laying as pieces will vary. No returns can be accepted once the product is installed, so it is important to confirm you are happy with your product before proceeding. When work begins, ensure the area is cleared of all vegetation and debris. Then, ideally using a scaled drawing of your planned area, you can start plot pointing by marking out the space using pegs and a string line.
- PREPARE YOUR BASE
- Remove topsoil as from the area to be paved.
- Base materials may consist of granular materials (crushed aggregates) to be placed in a 6” layer. The thickness of base will vary with type of soil subgrade and climate, colder climates may require thicker bases. Soil conditions may vary (*).
- The sub-base layer should be thoroughly compacted with enough water to aid compaction, increase density and control dust. Install Geotextile fabric to separate the subsoil from the base, as required by design.
- Once the desired compaction has been achieved place a 1” bedding layer of loose sand on top, ensuring that the base is level by using a string line or screening board (*).
- Patios should be laid with slope to drain off rain water. This slope should be at least 1/4” drop for every foot away from the house.
- LAY YOUR SLABS
- Choose the design that you wish to lay, then starting in a corner carefully place the first slab in position and gently tap down using a rubber mallet.
- The bedding layer of loose concrete sand allows for leveling the surface of each slab which may vary from piece to piece due to their texture. (*)
- Slabs may be laid with up to 1/2” joints and filled with Polymeric.
- Resin Sand on completion of installation. Install edge restraints.
- When using Polymeric Sands or Joint Sands; adhere to manufactures recommendations and guidelines (*).
- We recommend ULTIMATE Universal All weather Paving Joint Compound.
(*) Base type and bedding techniques may vary such as use of hybrid base; plastic grids and/or foam base materials. Bedding material may consist of hybrid system or open graded material (small coarse aggregate). Adhere to manufactures recommendation, guidelines, and local soil conditions.
Do not clean with Muriatic Acid / No Limpiar con acido muriatico
Under no circumstances should a mechanical compactor be used directly on the slab surface.
Bajo ninguna circunstancia debera usarse la compactadora mecan/ca directamente sobre la superficie de la piedra.